Updating Your Target List as Needed
Here are a few tips for the program execution oversight phase, viz. Phase III:
- Editing of targets should now be done through the Phase III system in your
Program tab when you login to http://hydra.as.utexas.edu.
- If you must remove an object from your Phase II list, mark it as junk
(status=J). Permanent deletion from the queue database
runs counter to HET practices.
- If you must make changes to your Phase II list after it has been
submitted, try keeping them small and simple; if they must
be extensive, submit a entire new Phase II target list and change your
old target to deferred (status=D).
- Keep all target names unique including any later additions
to your Phase II list. E.g. if you had a target called M67_S986, then
replace it with one named M67_S986_2 or the like. Likewise for a MOS
field, upon resubmission its name should feature some clear distinction
from the target's previous name. However, as in Phase II, bear in mind
that target names will be truncated at 18 characters.
- Avoid nomenclatures that obscure the relatedness between certain targets,
like sky009 for execution after galposn016, or deepimage_a7 to
precede taking target_b7, and so forth.
- Always check the status of your changes in
You can verify the observing constraints by clicking on an active
Last updated: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:56:48 -0600 shetrone