LRS-2 (Low Resolution Spectrograph) Instrument Summary
- Based on the VIRUS design
- Fiber-lenslet coupled, single object with sky fibers
- 0.6" fiber/lenslets on sky.
- Full coverage within IFU so no dithering required.
- Actually 2 different spectrographs: LRS2-B and LRS2-R
- Each spectrograph has two arms for simultaneous coverage.
- LRS2-B covers from 370-470 and 460-700 nm at resolutions of 1900 and 1100 in each arm respectively.
- LRS2-R covers from 650-842 and 818-1050 nm at a resolution of 1800 in each arm respectively.
- Low scattered light
- predicted 50% peak throughput on the sky
- Funded by
- Commissioned in Spring 2016
- For target acquisition and auto-guiding notes, see the performance page
Last updated: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:56:14 -0500 shetrone
LRS - old